Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School starts and I start too - writing, that is!

School started for my two youngest granddaughters yesterday - one in 3rd and one in 5th grade. They are in a great school with every possible advantage as they take the next step on their path to becoming successful adults and hopefully, lifelong learners.

I, too am starting. This is my first attempt at blogging. And why should anyone read what I write? After twenty years of teaching in my own classroom in Seattle's inner city, and three years of substitute teaching in over fifty Seattle schools, I have been told I should share my ideas for motivating kids and helping teachers and parents with fun ways to learn.


So now I am taking baby steps in this new, exciting way to learn. Here I sit at AFSB, Inc in Seattle, with a wonderful, patient instructor, who is taking me through a new learning adventure. I have gone through the mechanics of setting up my blog and I'm ready to go. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment